Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Think I'll Call the Playlist "Penance".

You want to know something that's unfortunate?  My affinity for the movies of Quentin Tarrantino and Robert Rodriquez. You want to know what is especially bad about that?  The fact that I love the soundtracks of those same movies and have included them in the content of my iPod's music library. 

Also unfortunate is the level of hatred that I harbor as a simmering ember in the darkest depths of my feeble heart, where it waits to be blown into white-hot heat the moment I enter the technological travesty that is iTunes.  As a result I have never bothered to make a work-friendly playlist.  Everything is in just one big shuffle-puddle of a mess. 

You know where this is going.  Both of those directors like to include snippets of dialogue on their soundtracks, as well as some occasionally questionable music choices. 

Additionally unfortunate is my penchant for playing loud music when I am working hard at something requiring grown-up levels of functionality.  The raucous melodies curb my distractions and narrow my focus. 

Imagine my chagrin as I sat at my desk, midway through a morning of reading, planning and writing standard operating procedures for a grant-funded substance abuse program when the music paused and the voice of Juliette Lewis, amplified in spectacular Bose wave fashion, filled my corner of the courthouse with plaintive inquiry.  

            "Ricky?  Would you eat my pussy for me?  Please?"




8 comments:

Lori said...

Oh baby!!! That's the best!

dyan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annie said...

Double OMG!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

~grins~ someone took my trashy music with her. I have learned to be quick with the mute button.

Vic said...

"Who the hell is stuntman Mike?"
From one unfortunate soul to another...

spookyrach said...

Vic!!! Good to hear from you! :) Yep, you are feelin' my pain, I can tell. hahaha!

Denise Lott Arellano said...

Headphones... this is why I wear headphones. :)

spookyrach said...

Good plan. :D